C2 is currently seeking a full-time Human Capital Consultant to work at our corporate office in Vienna, VA.
Leads, or contributes to, a range of applied research projects in his/her field. Develops the design and methodology for a variety of projects, including job analysis, competency modeling, employee and career development, selection, training needs assessment, survey research, and program evaluation. Collaborates with team members to ensure quality, relevance, and timeliness of product development and delivery. Establishes and maintains professional consulting relationships with clients, demonstrating an understanding of their needs and constraints.
Assists in the development of the technical approach for proposals and develops other written documents such as briefings, project summaries, and reports. Contributes to oral presentations (e.g., bake-offs) to current and prospective clients.
Responsible for ensuring the quality and timeliness of product development and delivery. Counsels and mentors junior personnel in the development of products and services. Coordinates team members’ efforts and reviews junior employees’ work as needed. Responsible for informing the Program/Project Manager of potential/actual issues, concerns or problems that may impact the schedule, quality of services/products, or scope.
The Human Capital Consultant is expected to maintain professional currency. This involves remaining up-to-date with relevant research, attending and participating in professional conferences, and contributing to the overall body of knowledge in his/her field. He/she is also expected to proactively gather information on latest trends in our industry and to share this information within the corporation.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Works as a technical lead on various projects.
- Leads and contributes to the design and development of project strategies and content.
- Collaborates with project team members to ensure quality of products and services.
- Develops workflow processes and keeps project team members informed of project related issues and concerns.
- Develops protocols for literature reviews, interviews, focus groups, and workshops.
- Analyzes data independently and directs others in their analyses.
- Establishes timeframe for project milestones to ensure that customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Develops written products and prepares oral presentations within the timeframe given with little supervision.
- Provides constructive feedback to other project team members.
- Writes sections of reports and integrates or edits sections written by others.
- Proofreads material before final production.
- Regularly interacts with clients on the full-range of project-related activities.
- Develops and maintains sound client relationships.
- Contributes to the development of repeatable processes for the organization.
- MA/MS degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Statistics, or other social science field with 3-5 years experience in conducting applied research or human capital consulting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of research methodology, survey research, statistical analysis, and validation techniques.
- Extensive experience with paper- and internet-based survey development.
- Extensive experience with statistical packages such as SPSS or SAS, and able to use most features of these programs with no assistance.
- Ability to effectively present technical material to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to mentor and develop junior staff members.
- Ability to work and lead a small group within a matrixed environment.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with clients.
- Ability to work smoothly with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Proficiency MS Office Suite and other tools associated with his/her field.
- Commitment to client satisfaction and relationship management.
- Ability to remain abreast of current research methodologies (e.g., attends workshops/conferences and reads management and psychology trade publications).
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance; active Top Secret clearance preferred.
- PMP Certification highly preferred.
- Works closely with the Principal Scientist and project team members.
- Interfaces with client, SMEs, and sub-contractors.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and quality of project work.
- Adherence to sound research and methodological principles.
- Ability to perform effectively on a wide range of projects including competency modeling, job analysis, organizational assessment, training needs analysis, program evaluation, selection, and other human resource projects.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Ability to grasp a wide range of content areas.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with scheduled timeframe.
- Self-development by expanding knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Development of junior staff by expanding their knowledge, skills, and abilities.